When you're invited to a shared folder, you'll receive a notification on rakuten-drive.com, in the Rakuten Drive app, and via email. The person sharing the folder may have forwarded the invitation link directly to you. Once you allow the invitation, the shared folder is added, and you can access its files. Access to the folder may vary depending on the permission the person sharing it has granted you.
Add a shared folder
If you received an invitation email
1. Check your inbox for an email with the subject "[Rakuten Drive] (folder sharer name) shared (shared folder name) via Rakuten Drive."
2. Open the email and click Move to folder.
3. Click Allow to access the shared folder.
If the folder sharer forwarded you an invitation link
1. Open the invitation link in a web browser.
2. Click Allow to access the shared folder.
If you received an invitation notification on rakuten-drive.com
1. Click Bell icon in the upper right corner.
2. In the notification window, check a message "(folder sharer name) invited you to (shared folder name)".
3. Click Move to folder.
4. Click Allow to access the shared folder.
If you received an invitation notification from Rakuten Drive mobile app
1. Tap Activity menu at the bottom.
2. Check a message "(folder sharer name) invited you to (shared folder name)".
3. Tap Move to folder.
4. Tap Allow accessing the shared folder.
You need to have a Rakuten Drive account to accept a shared folder invitation. If you don't already have a Rakuten Drive account, you need to sign up for Rakuten Drive and then allow the invitation.
Once you allow a shared folder invitation, you'll be added immediately and synchronized with all folder members.
If you allow a shared folder invitation but can't access the folder, the person who shared the folder may have unshared it.